[pianotech] billing dilemma with pitch raises

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Sun Oct 31 20:00:37 MDT 2010

Hi, Jer

A friend told me it was as if my life had pressed a great big RESET
button. You know how some weeks you get so tired, and say to yourself,
"if only I could take six months off!" (Beware what you ask for ...) I
now feel lucky it was only five months, and it did do a good number on
the chronic fatigue, just staying home. Double vision for five weeks was
quite galling.

$1,000 a year doesn't even get you in the door when it comes to medical
insurance. I investigated it in 1981, when I had come back to the US
from Canada. I was appalled. They wanted more for a month of insurance
than I expected to pay for normal medical care in several years. I was
broke. I just "said no." I'm sure it's only gotten worse since.

I don't think I made a conscious decision about "full service" tuning
(at least in a minor version.) It just seemed the natural thing to do. I
hated seeing something wrong and just LEAVING it.

Susan