[pianotech] billing dilemma with pitch raises

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Sun Oct 31 14:27:45 MDT 2010

On 10/31/2010 9:21 AM, Joe DeFazio wrote:
> Or, as one of my friends puts it, "there are only so many tunings left in my hand/arm/shoulder, and we're using up about two of them today," or something to that effect.

I've had reason to think about this issue lately, as I am nearly
recovered from Guillain Barre Syndrome. Having a complete break from
tuning for five months helped with the chronic fatigue, etc., though on
the other hand the stress of the illness balanced most of it out. I was
surprised when I began tuning again to find that my stamina and the
muscular strength in my arms were nearly unchanged despite the long break.

The question I have been asking myself for awhile is, "can I increase
the number of tunings left in my hand/arm/shoulder?" and the answer is,
"yes."

(Your Mileage May Vary)

Susan Kline