[pianotech] Plate Removal with an engine hoist?

Boaz Kirschenbaum pianotuner at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 11:25:01 MDT 2010

Thanks for the suggestions.

The building has high ceilings with a steel roof, VERY flimsily
supported...even 2x4s or 4x4s would not work, there aren't any joists!

My father could actually use an engine hoist in his marine business
so we would share the cost...plus I bid high on this, there's a
margin for tool purchase.

The piano on side option is a possibility, but I personally do not
move pianos, I do not have the body mass for it as David Stanwood
often tells me!

Boaz Kirschenbaum, RPT
Cherry Tree Piano
PO Box 1304