[pianotech] Key balance rebushing

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Fri Oct 22 21:44:45 MDT 2010

On 10/22/2010 8:39 AM, David Love wrote:

> No but the folded over part adds an additional backing to part of the
> bushing that does touch the pin.  Whether it's of any consequence, I don't
> really know.

Me either. I can't "prove" that it does or doesn't either way, but
there's no real empirical evidence to support either approach. So I'll
pass on any imagined benefit to doing it my way other than I find it
more efficient and comfortable, and haven't yet detected any down side.
Pending enlightenment to the contrary, I'll likely continue to do so for
the same reasons I now have. Presuming it makes no discernible
difference has served me well enough so far, I'm reluctant to abandon it
without better data to the contrary.

Any more and we're in danger of starting to chew.

Not me. I'm passing on what I do, and why, or why not, with as little
smoke as I can muster.
Ron N