[pianotech] Mounting Baldwin Acrosonic Console on Twin Dollies

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 21:29:53 MDT 2010

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 7:01 PM, Ron Nossaman <rnossaman at cox.net> wrote:

> They're ingenious, and there are a whole lot more of them out there than
> there are techs.
> Ron N

Reminds me something my dad told me once. The details are fuzzy ... long
time ago, and when he told me I wasn't listening as carefully as I should
have been. (Young punkitis, most likely.)

Local school maintenance guys couldn't fit a 9' piano somewhere. I think it
was because it wouldn't quite fit in its stage storage box.  At any rate, it
wouldn't fit *somewhere*.  They "solved" it by cutting off a chunk of the
lid. I'd guess they were quite proud of themselves, and never realized how
stupid it was that they didn't enlarge the storage area. Sad.

Sadder still, I'm sure there are worse stories out there.

--
JF