[pianotech] Interesting find

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Tue Oct 19 18:07:30 MDT 2010

I find it both interesting and depressing to consider how far we might
have gotten by now if we didn't reset to zero and start all over again
so often.

Here, we have professional piano technicians, every one of whom has at
least occasional access to an actual piano, speculating without evidence
on the imagined tonal result of wedging one rib up on a beam. Yet not
one has spent the ten minutes necessary to whack out a quick wedge and
actually try it, so they'll know from experience what they're talking
about. Isn't anyone curious enough to spend 35¢ and find out something
this simple for themselves?

Ron N
Maybe there's a phone app... "I-Guess".