[pianotech] Straight Strung Berger

John Dorr a440 at bresnan.net
Wed Oct 13 15:38:17 MDT 2010

Del Fandrich wrote:

"Oh, let's not separate the action from the instrument -- please -- not for
any museum, public or private. "

and:
"Before it heads to the landfill, and if there are no other takers, let me
know. I shouldn't be saying this because, God knows, I don't need any more
projects just now, but my affinity for sexy looking, flat strung pianos
compels me...."

I know just what you mean, Del.  I don't need any more projects, either.  And
with winter approaching I really would like to save enough room in my garage
for my van.  (What a concept!) Hence, my initial reaction to see if anybody
wanted it.  Jack Wyatt joked that, sure, he "wanted" it, but...etc.

Anne Acker has graciously offered, as has Jack, to guide me through the
process of making it once again playable, and I'm fairly well persuaded to go
through with it now.  You may even see a Journal article about it, and more.

Just thought you might like to know!

John Dorr, RPT
Helena, MT