[pianotech] Electroless Nickel Plating?

Marc Lanthier / Piano Lanco info at pianolanco.com
Wed Oct 13 07:29:05 MDT 2010

Hi Joe,

I have quite a bit of experience with Electroless Nickel. The key is to
properly clean and activate your base metal. You might have adhesion
problems if you do these steps incorrectly. It says that you can throw it
down the sewer ???

Also, it is a very slow process. Do you want to plate for wear resistance or
corrosion resistance?

Finally, it usually produces a dull gariny finish unless chemical levelers /
brighteners are added.

What do you want to plate?

Marc

PIANO LANCO