[pianotech] rates for new techician

Zoe Sandell yiddishtangofever at shaw.ca
Sun Oct 10 20:48:40 MDT 2010

Thanks everyone,

I am looking to take my PTG exams soonish- (still working on perfecting the
temperament!) I am working/apprenticing 4 days week as an assistant
technician at the local Conservatory of music.  It is an incredible
experience- with tons of pianos to tune and work on
I agree with the quality- I wouldn't sell a tuning job if I am not confident
about it- so why would I charge a lot less...
It is very interesting to me that there is pretty much a consensus that
clients wanting cheap prices- are not loyal, nor interested in quality work-
great advice- thanks again

Zoe