[pianotech] Tips for restoration of a 1926 Knabe grand?

Mike Spalding mike.spalding1 at frontier.com
Fri Oct 8 15:56:43 MDT 2010

  Nora,

One Knabe idiosyncrasy that hasn't yet been mentioned is the tight
spacing of action parts in the bass.  Take some measurements down
there;  you'll probably want to obtain hammers and shanks which are
slightly narrower than normal.  Ray at Ronsen hammers knows about this,
as does Wally Brooks (Abel shanks).

Mike