[pianotech] Lost client due to "on hold" music!

Barbara Richmond piano57 at comcast.net
Tue Oct 5 11:31:18 MDT 2010

Whew! I agree, Tom.

Barbara Richmond, RPT
near Peoria, Illinois

----- Original Message -----
From: "Thomas Cole" <tcole at cruzio.com>
To: pianotech at ptg.org
Sent: Tuesday, October 5, 2010 12:18:10 PM
Subject: Re: [pianotech] Lost client due to "on hold" music!

I don't know about you, but this is one person I wouldn't want to tune for. The hold music did you a favor by sorting this guy out.

Tom Cole

On 10/5/10 9:09 AM, Mark Purney wrote:

I just had to share this one:

One of our business lines plays music while the caller waits to be transferred. The default music for this particular phone service happens to be Brubeck's "Take Five," one of the most recognizable jazz recordings in history.

When we checked our messages yesterday, this is a message left by a potential client, word for word:

"I heard your recording. It's like a piano that's out of tune. It's disgusting to hear it. So forget it."

My head wants to explode on so many levels.