[pianotech] Client Management Software Recommendations

Duaine Hechler dahechler at att.net
Tue Oct 5 09:30:39 MDT 2010

William,

Well, hopefully you don't have a laptop with VISTA on it .....

One of my son's friends' bought a laptop with VISTA on it and the hard
drive crashed.

Since I taught my son to do computer work, he tried to install a copy of
Win XP ..... it would NOT install.

They called the manufacturer and tried to find out why it would not install.

They came back and said "Oh, that model was build SPECIFICALLY for VISTA
and CAN NOT BE CHANGED TO ANYTHING ELSE"

That model even could NOT be UPGRADED to Windows 7 ...... so, liking it
or not, he's STUCK with VISTA unless be buys other laptop.

So there's another instance of your precious Microsoft SCREWING the public.

Good luck

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ
dahechler at att.net
www.hechlerpianoandorgan.com
--
Home & Business user of Linux - 10 years