[pianotech] Absolute pitch customer

Ryan Sowers tunerryan at gmail.com
Sat Oct 2 20:53:52 MDT 2010

By the way,

One of the classes that Isaac Sadigursky is giving at the Kansas City
conference next July is called "Demystifying the Perfect Pitch". Here is the
class description:

I feel we have to clarify the "mystery" and "misery" of the so called
"perfect pitch".  Being a trained musician with and MA and BS in music,
according to my colleagues, I do have it.  But what is it anyways?  Tuning
pianos in the field every day, our clients are fascinated and mesmerized by
what we do and very often they ask if we have or we must have "perfect" or
"absolute" pitch.  I will try to demonstrate advantages and disadvantages of
possessing this "god's gift", tell a few stories, historical and
'hysterical" facts about famous composers and musicians, show you a way of
training to improve your hearing skills and little tricks on how to deal
with some difficult customers, who may think that they have "perfect pitch".

Just one of the many awesome classes that will be available. Start planning
now - this is the time of year you can put aside some extra $$!

--
Ryan Sowers, RPT
Asst Director - 2011 PTG Technical Institute

--
Ryan Sowers, RPT
Puget Sound Chapter