[pianotech] Casters for Yamaha casterless console

Floyd Gadd fg at floydgadd.com
Fri Oct 1 17:35:17 MDT 2010

Hi Barbara,
Here is a photo of the casters I have installed on my Yamaha LU-101.  Since the photo isn't perfectly clear, I'll explain what's there.  The steel bracket to which the caster is bolted has a 90 degree downward bend as it approaches the piano.  Just off the floor, there's another 90 degree bend and the bracket continues under the piano.  The back side is a mirror image of the front.  The bottom of the bracket is so close to the floor that it leaves an indentation in the carpet, though the piano can be moved.  I had these brackets made when I had the piano stored at a church, and I wanted both mobility, and more insurance against the possibility of the piano tipping if kids were horsing around near it.  The only disadvantage (if it is one) is that the piano cannot be pushed flush against a wall.
Floyd Gadd
Manitoba Chapter