[pianotech] Unknown hammers

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Fri Oct 1 14:22:17 MDT 2010

It's scary how many "tooners" just file the hammers off flat!  Over and
over!  These pics I'm seeing, as well as miserable excuses for pianos I've
seen just jimmied or "adjusted"  really frightens me on how many
"hack-tooners" there are in the world. We all see them.

It's sad to see that so many pianos that were probably semi-good to decent
got destroyed by poor tech care!  Wouldn't the original shape of the
hammer give someone a clue that it's the proper shape!! Come on.  Morons!
why file them flat???!!!  A quick buck is all I see from this kind of
work. with absolutely no training or research at all.  What a shame!

Paul