[pianotech] piano playin' in N.Y.

Ed Foote a440a at aol.com
Mon May 31 15:27:42 MDT 2010

 Greetings,
       I have often been asked, by visitors coming to Nashville, where the best guitar bars are.  I guess it is just part of the identity, and I usually steer them somewhere a guitar wizard is burning it up, and they return, goggle-eyed.   There are many places like that in this town, in fact, Nashville is so overloaded with talent, there is a good chance your waiter can play everything Doc Watson ever recorded, or your waitress can sound exactly like Patsy Cline or Reba, just take your pick.
   So, is New York the piano town?  I am going to up there with free time this weekend (Saturday) and wondered if anybody knows of something piano/avante-garde (in or out of the mainstream) going on in the "City", maybe around mid-town?.
Thanks,

Ed Foote RPT