[pianotech] Strange Bechstein damper wires

Jeannie Grassi jcgrassi at earthlink.net
Mon May 31 13:05:34 MDT 2010

The loop ends look just like what I’ve seen on fly dampers in old Steinways.
A piece of cloth was on both sides of the loop  as a sort of platform and
then the damper head was glued to that.  I’ve never seen any in the bass but
why not get help for those longer strings, like in the low tenor?

Jeannie Grassi, RPT
Bainbridge Island, WA

  _____