[pianotech] iphone vs smartphones and tunelab etc.

David Renaud drjazzca at yahoo.ca
Mon May 31 11:57:00 MDT 2010

 I have been using tunelab for tuning and conducting PTG exams for
over 5 years now.

    My current device is an old HP smartphone;served me well.  The
contract with my mobile provider just expired this month> My HP is at the end of its life; battery holds little chrage anymore, components are becomeing extinct......

   A friend showed me the iphone tunelab briefly and it appears to not have all the same features. I was not able to instinctively quickly discover how to do some of the same things as on the hp such as tweaking individual notes touching the screen, or get into exam mode....etc.

Are things missing? Is the inteface just different, or not as developed yet?

  Comparisions welcome, & recomendations of devices to upgrade
to. I can't go backwards on the programing tweaking capacities.

  Anyone have both iphone and windows version and can run down the
comparisions?

   People that have upgraded their smartphone setup recently have
anything they can share from their search and final result....?

                                        Cheers
                                        Dave Renaud