[pianotech] estimated taxes was Re: Tax Question maybe OT

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Sun May 30 23:12:28 MDT 2010

My son's a CPA and he does my taxes. For two years, (07 and 08) I didn't make enough self employed money to even pay taxes, so I didn't have to pay estimates in '08 and '09. I made a little money last year, and paid less than $1000 in taxes, (including SS), but not enough to pay estimates this year. (I don't know what the cut off amount is.) Paying estimated taxes is a way for the government to get taxes out of you throughout the year, and also not make your taxes bill too high come April 15. From what I have been told, you only owe in estimated taxes what you actually paid the previous year.

Wim

Last year still does not help because last year was a pretty good
efund. This year, so far, in the black - and - have no clue about the
stimated tax.