[pianotech] Fw: 4 pictures for you

Ken & Pat Gerler kenneth.gerler at prodigy.net
Thu May 27 06:56:28 MDT 2010

Tom,
>From a 'logical' position, it has been positioned under keys, where the 'normal' locations are between 'breaks' in the key spacing.  It would require notching the keys to access it from the top and could weaken the keys.

Ken Gerler
kenneth.gerler at prodigy.net

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Tom Driscoll
  To: Pianotech
  Sent: Wednesday, May 26, 2010 9:18 PM
  Subject: [pianotech] Fw: 4 pictures for you

  List,
   I have a question about the glides on this Kawai keyframe. The second glide from the bass end has no adjustment screw on the top and is shaped different from the others underneath. I've seen this set up on other Kawai frames, most recently on a Boston grand made by Kawai.
  In order to adjust that glide the keyframe has to pulled and it is adjusted from below . It takes a few tries to get it right   but I just can't figure out the logic  on why this one glide is different from the others. Ideas?
  Tom D.

  images of the glide in question and a more conventional glide from top and bottom.