[pianotech] bridLE

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Mon May 24 09:33:04 MDT 2010

JWyatt1492 at aol.com wrote:
> To David Boyce,,
>

>      Perhaps a person  has a compelling need to feel
> superior, or be more than they are. By putting others
> down may give them a temporary " fix"

I sure didn't read it that way. Looked to me like he was just
playing with an ever more butchered language. Reading the list
(let alone the more broadly public stuff) will show how many
people don't know the difference between bridle and bridal,
vise and vice, to and too, there, their, and they're, and are
under the mistaken conviction that alot is or ever was an
English word. While we don't necessarily need to be literate
to tune pianos, assuming minimal skills necessary to figure
out what the pictures in the manual mean, and read street
signs, it should theoretically be useful to communication. I
vote we give it a shot!

With ice, or not, as you prefer.
Ron N