[pianotech] bridLE

david at piano.plus.com david at piano.plus.com
Mon May 24 07:20:11 MDT 2010

I think and hope that this had already been humorously  established!

>From a similar usage comes the old-time Bridle Path beside a canal.

In UK nomenclature, Bridle Straps tend to be called Bridle Tapes.

In any case, the words "bridal" and "bridle" are not unrelated
etymologically.  Does one not speak of "the marriage tie" and of "tying
the knot"?

Interestingly, or perhaps boringly, "bridal" has ale in it......

David Boyce

>It's bridle, not bridal straps.  Bridal has to do with brides.
>Bridle is a strap that ties things together, like a bridle on a
>horse.
    --David Nereson, RPT