[pianotech] Yamaha G2R and G2B bass strings

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sun May 23 22:46:25 MDT 2010

limhseng at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi Everyone, I am ordering a set of Yamaha G2R bass strings
> but the supplier only has file for G2B. Are they the same?
> Help appreciated.

I don't know that I've ever seen the numbers for either scale.
Here's your big chance to do a service to the trade and
measure and post the scale of the G2R, so should the next guy
do the same with the G2B, we'll ALL know the differences.
These measurements will also, coincidentally, be just what the
string maker needs to reproduce them. Also, having gone to the
trouble to measure the existing scale, one (or more) can
realistically reassess the original scale and, quite possibly
improve it.

And while you're going to all the trouble to measure and post
the scale, you might spend a moment or so trimming the totally
unrelated stuff from previous posts that somehow were included
in yours. It's easy, and tends to give the impression of a
general awareness of sorts, should anyone notice.

> Lim Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Handheld Powered by
> Gee! from StarHub

Ron N Sent from a desk top box on a slow day, powered by what
could well be magic, or at least a very intense composting
reaction.