[pianotech] Tone building in the modern piano

Al Guecia/AlliedPianoCraft AlliedPianoCraft at hotmail.com
Sat May 22 13:19:24 MDT 2010

Paul, I like to steam the hammer with a brass hammer iron. I use a thin piece of cloth that doesn't hold much water and squeeze it out almost dry. Place it on the hammer and run over it with the hammer iron. It's very controllable and doesn't blow up the hammer. You can then follow up with deep needling on the shoulder as per Steve Blasyak's response.

Al -
High Point, NC