[pianotech] D/C in Yamaha UX 50 WNC

Barbara Richmond piano57 at comcast.net
Sat May 22 13:17:33 MDT 2010

Hi Chuck ,

I installed a full DC system in a Kawai that had one of those mesh screens that's above the bottom panel--I just removed it--the customer was OK with doing that. What's its purpose? Dunno--let more sound out? Or, someone goofed on the size of the bottom panel--making it too short and the solution was to add the screen. Or, the company wanted technicians to make money tracing down potential buzzing problems, so they added extra metal to the case design. Just kidding...really. :-)

Barbara Richmond, RPT
near Peoria, Illinois