[pianotech] Lost business

Alan Forsyth forsyth93 at btinternet.com
Thu May 20 23:00:18 MDT 2010

Who needs a workshop?

Okay the wife would not be pleased!

(all in the name of survival)

There's no business like no business.

AF

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Paul T Williams
  To: pianotech at ptg.org
  Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2010 10:06 PM
  Subject: Re: [pianotech] Lost business

  This works, but not for this guy it seems.

  Since my morning rant on poor Duaine,, I installed a back damper action, new dampers, had to shim the action to fit, and regulated it, now on to the rest of it.  5 hours at $50/hour (not my rate!) =$250.  So $300 a month doesn't sound so bad, now does it? Without a shop area to work, of course you can't do it! As Nike says, "JUST DO IT"!  The money will come! Defeating one's-self before even trying will collapse a business before it even gets off the ground.  Edison tried his lightbulb thousands of times before he tried tungston steel...the rest you can look overhead and thank him for trying over and over and over.

  Sorry, I wasn't going to post again on this, but y'all get my point.

  Paul