[pianotech] Kohler & Campbell 3/4 scale upright?

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Wed May 19 12:32:12 MDT 2010

History buffs:
Has anybody seen, or even heard of, this piano?  Owner wants me to
nspect and quote on substantial action work and restringing, but it's a
ubstantial distance away, and I'd like to prepare as much as possible
head of time.  According to the serial number, it was manufactured in
927.  It has 58 notes, is only 34" wide, and stands 38" tall. My main
uestion would be, is it just like a real piano only with fewer parts,
r is it unique and troublesome?
thanks
Mike

Mike

I've tuned a couple of these pianos. Wurlitzer and one other company also made them. They are just miniature pianos, with a regular actions, soundboard, plate, etc, but only 2 strings per note, (except the bass strings had only one). Tunes up and plays just like a regular piano. They're kind of "cute".

Wim