[pianotech] Tone Building in the Modern Piano

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Wed May 19 10:20:50 MDT 2010

Duaine "The Heckler" said: "I probably would attend more conventions - if - there were more classes
pertaining to what I do - player pianos (pneumatic) and reed organs.

Since this is getting to be a lost art, I would love to see the Journal
put back a series / forum for pneumatic players

Plus, a lot of piano techs - ignore - players like the plague - won't
even tune them - for fear of the unknown.

Now, that's we need, a convention class on how to approach player fears
and put them behind you enough to tune them."

--
Duaine,
By your own admission(s), you have said you don't know much about the constuction of a piano. It is evident that you know quite a bit about the old players. It is also evident that you know very little about the "heart" of those Players! How about going to a convention and taking classes that are relevant to the piano and not the player? You would then be a more competent "Technician" IMO.

Joe Garrett, R.P.T. (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I