[pianotech] bni etc

chip tuthill chiptuthill at yahoo.com
Tue May 18 14:28:54 MDT 2010

HI Marshall,

I'm a member of BNI in Durango, CO. The first year fee is $330 plus a one time application fee of $100, for a hefty $430 total. I  have possibly recovered my investment over the last year. Here's what i found. When you first join everyone knows someone with a piano. You will get several referrals. Maybe 1 in 5 will pan out. Then you will go for weeks without a referral. The new ones come from visitors. I am in an area with ~12,000 residents and 5 tuners. As the new guy, like you i am trying to build a cliental. It's slow and a membership in BNI doesn't justify the expense IMO.

Chip Tuthill