[pianotech] Catastrophic Events While Tuning...

Matthew Todd toddpianoworks at att.net
Sat May 15 13:51:49 MDT 2010

A piano tuner went to raise the lid of a grand located in a high rise apartment complex in New York.  The hinge pins weren't in place, and the lid slid off the piano, crashed through the window, and fell below on the sidewalk.

Ever since I heard this story (not sure if it it true or not), I always make sure the lid is secure before I raise it.

TODD PIANO WORKS
Matthew Todd, Piano Technician
(979) 248-9578
http://www.toddpianoworks.com