[pianotech] An alternate but not quite parallel universe

jimialeggio jimialeggio at gmail.com
Sat May 15 07:23:47 MDT 2010

Hey Will,

One of the things I like about this music is the emphasis is puts on
music ( in this case piano music) as a present physical sensation of
sound.

That may seem like a "duh..." statement, but there are so many other
layers added to music that sound as a physical sensation is
unintentionally pushed way, way to the back, and even forgotten.

For example, I find that with most pianos, sound as a sensation is
pushed so far to the back that its hard to see that the sound we  think
we are experiencing is actually a memory. Often, the sound of the beast
I am currently trying to play ain't in fact making the sounds I am
pretending to hear in my head. When I discovered this disconnect between
the present sound and what memory wanted to hear,  it redefined
everything for me musically...it is what inspired me to become
tech...man, its about sound, at least in my opinion.

Jim I

--
Jim Ialeggio
grandpianosolutions.com