[pianotech] Re.: Another Muti-Max Job

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Fri May 14 19:20:27 MDT 2010

Barbara said: "Ha! What relief. My friend wanted me to change out her grand piano's brass casters to rubber for a terrazzo floor. Fortunately, there were square sockets available that were small enough to fit this small spade leg, which only measures 2 1/4" at the bottom. My Dremel Multi-Max Oscillating tool made the job possible for me (I'm somewhat limited in the woodworking department--blush). I used the straight wood/metal saw blade and a sanding attachment and have a nice, just right, fit. I'm glad I bought the Dremel--their saw blades are a little narrower than some of the other brands--though I read in some reviews that the Dremel blades will fit the Fein Multimaster. I also like the Dremel because it is smaller and fits well in my hand. "

Barbara,
Nothing to blush about there! Looks very good to my woodworking eye.<G> My only concern would be the casters you used...what are their weight rating? I hope they were Darnells or something equally as stout.
Regards,
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T. (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police