[pianotech] something I heard on the History Channel

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Sun May 9 22:18:20 MDT 2010

Hi Everyone,
My wife and I were watching the History Channel, the mini series America The Story Of Us.  Did anyone here see this yet?  They were saying that in 1885 roughly, that Sears who started selling pocket watches created his catelog and sold everything from sewing machines to pianos.  So my wife asked me what a sears piano was like.  I thought for a minute and decided to pick your brains. Did Sears contract with a manufacture to put their name on a piano as a stencil?  Is this the Beckwith piano that I ran into while in Washington state, or did Sears have contracts with other piano makers the same way our piano dealers today carry several different brands of pianos.  I bet this will get the ball rolling on a discussion.  This program is very interesting.  You can even purchase a DVD of the entire mini series.
Marshall

Marshall

As far as I know the Beckwith pianos are the only one made for Sears,

Wim

My wife and I were watching the History Channel, the mini series America The Story Of Us.  Did anyone here see this yet?  They were saying that in 1885 roughly, that Sears who started selling pocket watches created his catelog and sold everything from sewing machines to pianos.  So my wife asked me what a sears piano was like.  I thought for a minute and decided to pick your brains. Did Sears contract with a manufacture to put their name on a piano as a stencil?  Is this the Beckwith piano that I ran into while in Washington state, or did Sears have contracts with other piano makers the same way our piano dealers today carry several different brands of pianos.  I bet this will get the ball rolling on a discussion.  This program is very interesting.  You can even purchase a DVD of the entire mini series.
Marshall

Marshall Gisondi Piano Technician
Marshall's Piano Service
pianotune05 at hotmail.com
215-510-9400
www.phillytuner.com
Graduate of The School of Piano Technology for the Blind www.pianotuningschool.org Vancouver, WA

The New Busy think 9 to 5 is a cute idea. Combine multiple calendars with Hotmail. Get busy. =
=