[pianotech] Wegman grand

Chuck Behm behmpiano at gmail.com
Thu May 6 09:18:05 MDT 2010

Hi list - I've been asked to give a ballpark figure (a long distance away -
it'll be a couple hour drive to take a look) for new pinblock, pins and
strings on a Wegman grand. My question is whether the grands had the
patented tuning pins, and if they do, will that make a difference as to the
type of pinblock. I've dealt with a number of Wegman uprights, but never a
Wegman grand before.
Before I get serious at all about this, I'll schedule an afternoon to drive
out and look it over, but I would just appreciate any advice from those of
you who have worked on them. Chuck Behm