[pianotech] no cash flow

David Skolnik davidskolnik at optonline.net
Wed May 5 07:48:26 MDT 2010

To paraphrase Phil Bondi, for the most part, 'what they said'.

I agree with most, not all of what's been said.  Certainly, from
experience, that SC Court is generally a bust and ultimately a self
indulgence. Of course, if it's on your bucket list, knock yourself
out.  Patience and tact seem to be the key.  While you haven't
thoroughly elaborated upon the extent of your relationship with this
organization, I'd offer this -

-To the extent that you can do as Greg Newell suggested in looking
for other voices within, without committing any political faux pas',
internal seems the best route.  I
- I suspect that the various suggestions regarding advertising,
including Tom Driscoll's, while thoughtful, probably don't apply in
this particular case.  If your 'upscale community' is not that
interested in supporting the orchestra, I wouldn't expect much from
an ad placed in front of them.
- Unless it got really bad, I wouldn't threaten to withhold
service.  In fact, I'd be more put out if they were to call someone
else, while still owing you money.

Resist the temptation.  It's a transitory delight.

David Skolnik
Hastings on Hudson, NY