[pianotech] no cash flow

Tom Servinsky tompiano at bellsouth.net
Wed May 5 04:22:42 MDT 2010

As someone who lives intimately within the symphony world, times are tough for the professional arts. The recent meltdown and recession are finally taking a toll on these organizations. Some are just going through tough times. Others, unfortunately have vultures beginning to circle over ahead. For those it's just a matter of time when they can't continue and the doors are forced close. I guarantee your tuning fee is the least of their worries. They are most concerned with being able to keep their symphony afloat and keep their musicians paid.  Everything else is secondary.
As others have said, and I agree, small claims court isn't  worth your time and money for this amount of money. If the symphony is about to go under, you're not going to get paid. Period. You'll be so far down on the bankruptcy list, you'll be lucky to see 10cents on the dollar.
  I agree with others who have said " take the high road", be patient, and try to help them through this crunch. Down the road this little issue could be a positive character trait that the next people in charge might admire. Look long term, offer some reasonable payment possibilities, and then it go.
Tom Servinsky