[pianotech] grand action dollies

Ryan Sowers tunerryan at gmail.com
Mon May 3 19:21:33 MDT 2010

I purchased a Flügelbauer action caddy last year, and then after talking
with LaRoy I decided to purchase another one directly from him. Both are
great. I will keep the Edward's version for a few reasons: 1: LaRoy hand
autographed it for me! 2: He made some improvements since the prototype
version that the Flügelbauer caddy is based on. 3: Edward's is made in
USA, Flügelbauer is made in China.

LaRoy's is more expensive, but he also includes his awesome grand let-off
jig with it. Flügelbauer includes a carrying bag and a couple of clamps for
a string gauge that can be used for some regulating. Also the Flügelbauer
has 3 adjustable balance rail support studs for recreating the same
aftertouch as in the piano, LaRoy's has 2. I don't know if that makes
a significant difference yet.

--
Ryan Sowers, RPT
Puget Sound Chapter