[pianotech] The buzz that comes and goes...

Carl Teplitski koko99 at shaw.ca
Tue Mar 30 23:20:56 MDT 2010

Diane/Bill;

Once had a buzz in a " Yamaha " teaching piano . The teacher in that
room insisted there was a buzz, but I couldn't hear it.  I would go there
in the AM in order to avoid the room when students would be there.
Turns out the buzz was only there in the PM.  Actually heard it one day
and was able to track it to the keyboard area.  I took all the keys out.
Sure
enough, there was a ladies hair pin laying on the keybed. Some dust was also
present, not a lot .   I put the keys back that seemed to make the buzz most
often,
as I was told, and touched the pin, while playing them.     Eureka ! !
What most
surprised me , was that the keybed actually vibrated,  because I didn't
think  it
did, (?)  when piano was played . ( of course it would ). In any case,
problem solved.

" NO MORE BUZZ."

Carl / Winnipeg, Canada.