[pianotech] Tool for plate removal

Noah Frere noahfrere at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 11:06:17 MDT 2010

Thomas: what's the capacity on your hoist? Harbor Freight sells (according
to website) a 1300# and 880#. Although Ron says a 1 ton will handle
anything, is that necessary? If i need up to a ton, then i'll need 2 hoists.
The harbor freight hoists lift at 33'/min. which translates if i did my
calcs correctly to 6.6"/sec. - much faster than the 2"/sec. you've achieved
Tom. I dont plan on doing a concert grand, right now i've got a 58" upright,
which is huge.