[pianotech] Tool for plate removal

Thomas Cole tcole at cruzio.com
Tue Mar 30 10:47:57 MDT 2010

I've used the electric hoist (Harbor Freight) as John mentions below. I
slowed down the pulling speed a bit using blocks from the local yachting
supply. Spent more for the blocks than the hoist. It still pulls at
about 2 inches per second which is too fast for plate pulling, so more
gearing down is desirable . Otherwise I just use a jerk method of
hoisting to control the lift. See photo attached.

Tom Cole