[pianotech] pros and cons of discounts

David Ilvedson ilvey at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 27 23:33:42 MDT 2010

You don't bill before the work is done.   It doesn't matter if they want it right away.   Now that you have experienced the reason why...make it your official policy.   Big discounts sight unseen is asking for trouble...discounts, if you feel you must offer them, should come after a business relationship is actually happening...i.e. the next tuning if they get on a scheduled service.   I still think the best thing is to give them more service for the money.  Clean the pianos when you tune, pedals etc.

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA  94044