[pianotech] Rodent Piano - Refuse to Service?

Garret Traylor hpp at highpointpiano.com
Thu Mar 25 17:13:12 MDT 2010

I say bring it on.  I'm no "Mike Rowe" from Dirty Jobs but it is rare that I
don't see some varying degree of rodents with first time customers. In
modern homes just disturb their nest, notify the customer and the rodent
normally goes away. That is unless the customers name happens to be Willard.
While cleaning keep your hands away from your face, run a vacuum nozzle
close to your work as you clean with a good stiff bristle paint brush.
Clean piano and keys with cheese cloth with few drops of Dawn dish soap.
Wash hands and face after cleaning. We normally clean piano, lubricate front
and balance rail pins, tune and some regulation at 2 hours.

Now what is nasty to me is smokers homes (I have given work to a colleague
over this). And dog pee (squishy carpet under the feet) is pretty much a
killer too. By all means do the work you are comfortable with.

Kindest Regards,

Garret

---

Garret Traylor - President

High Point Piano & Music Inc.

88-PIANO (336) 887-4266

P Go Green! Print this email only when necessary. Thank you for helping High
Point Music be environmentally responsible.