[pianotech] Rodent Piano - Refuse to Service?

Terry Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Mar 25 16:27:29 MDT 2010

Have any of your folks ever refused to work on a piano in someone's
home that had lots of rodent droppings and urine in it - all over the
keys, keybed, etc.

I have one that I looked at, had to order some parts (super minor
things) and told them I'd be back to repair and tune. I have been
wanted to NOT do that piano ever since. I wish to call her back and
decline to do any work (keys) on it - this thing is infested (not to
mention the place smells like an uncleaned 10,000-animal dog kennel).
Lady seems nice enough.

This is the worst case I've ever run into. Am I nuts or am I thinking
reasonably?

Terry Farrell