[pianotech] Yamahas Gray Market?

Garret Traylor hpp at highpointpiano.com
Wed Mar 24 05:14:30 MDT 2010

Hi Matthew,
Casting blame for a piano's stability as being "Grey Market" is BS.  I have been in the Yamaha factory in Hamamatsu and talked with them about "seasoned for destination".  It does not exist.  The term "Grey Market" was a marketing strategy previously promoted by Yamaha to protect their market. Earth science does not support their claim either http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hadley_cell. Your success in taming the piano will come with experience.

Tighten the plate screws on the piano.
Use a pitch raise mode on your ETD if you have one.
Install a climate control and Edwards string cover.
Have one of you colleagues evaluate your tuning technique (you will only get better).
Keep trying.
If the pins are losses CA them, or repin etc....
The issues you are having are fixable; same for all other makes.

Kindest Regards,
Garret
---
Garret Traylor - President
High Point Piano & Music Inc.
88-PIANO (336) 887-4266
 Go Green! Print this email only when necessary. Thank you for helping High Point Music be environmentally responsible.