[pianotech] Las Vegas convention

Gerald Groot tunerboy3 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 23 20:44:30 MDT 2010

Reminds me of the very first convention I attended back in 1972 in St.
Louis.  Wim's old stomping ground.  I was 16.  The beer drinking age was 18.
My dad was there, all 3 of my mentor's, a whole bunch of us including my
cousin who just happened to be 18 the lucky stiff.  Anyway, wanting to look
smart, my cousin casually looked over the menu of available draft beer.  On
the menu, the beer was spelled draught so, that's how he pronouced it.  Like
it looks and he did not specify which draught beer brand he wanted.   "Oh,
just give me of them draught beers"  he said.  (Drought)  Even I wasn't THAT
stupid!  I think I was the first one laughing.  The whole table cracked up.
DROUGHT BEER!  Yeah?  You that thirsty boy?  They started in.  You having a
drought?  When's the last time you had something to drink kid?  He turned
beat red and I about peed my pants laughing so hard.

Jer