[pianotech] Yamahas Gray Market?

Al Guecia/AlliedPianoCraft AlliedPianoCraft at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 23 17:02:48 MDT 2010

Matthew,

I service several grey market Yamaha grands. While the wood is not
conditioned for the American climate, and you my have soundboard cracking
and loose tuning pin problems long term, it's still a Yamaha and I have
found no short term stability problems with unisons. I have found stability
problems with any make piano in church climate conditions, if a climate
control system is not installed.

Al -
High Point, NC