[pianotech] Wury Console - Unusual Case Construction

J Patrick Draine jpdraine at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 20:19:03 MDT 2010

Years ago in downtown Boston there was a local high end furniture store that
housed a mini Baldwin store inside it. Aside from the perennial "Arthur
Fiedler's personal piano" (Baldwin sent one or more over to him every year,
he scrawled his name on its plate, and suddenly it was priceless, but
available at a very special price ...) on display/for sale, and several
other "normal" models on site, the store offered the option of having a
custom case suggested/designed by their interior decorator/furniture
craftsmen. I've seen several of these "winners." Odd pine cases that would
puzzle this young tech -- "How the heck do I get into this thing??!" After a
while I'd figure it out, but it was damned inconvenient. I haven't seen one
in a long time.
Perhaps something like this was going on with your customer's beauty.
Patrick