[pianotech] PianoDisc Malfunctioning Solenoids

Larry Fisher RPT larryf at pacifier.com
Sun Mar 21 09:12:25 MDT 2010

As I remember it is strictly against Pianodisc protocol to use any kind of
lubricant. The solenoids get pretty warm during normal operation.

It's very easy to replace just the solenoid plungers.  If PianoDisc won't
send you any, I may have a set laying around somewhere.  If they are seized
in the solenoid, then all the solenoids will have to be replaced.  If they
are the type that "wraps" around the rail with a quarter inch bolt on an
angle you may have to replace the rails as well since the current ones mount
differently.  Lubricants are frowned upon by PianoDisc.

>thing will need to be replaced. Contact Nina at Pianodisc for more advice.
>(NinaWNG at earthlink.net)

Nina is no longer the service tech however she can most likely direct you to
the right person to handle this.