[pianotech] Rep. Spring Strength

Gene Nelson nelsong at intune88.com
Thu Mar 18 22:37:24 MDT 2010

Did you change the checking height?
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Steven Hopp
  To: pianotech at ptg.org
  Sent: Thursday, March 18, 2010 9:27 PM
  Subject: [pianotech] Rep. Spring Strength

  The question is:  Can a repetition spring get stronger from regulation without adjusting the tension?

  I did full regulation on Yamaha C7.  It was "regulated" by another technician 6 months before me.  I found that key leveling and dip had not been done so no telling where it went from there.  The level and dip was off for sure.  As the regulation proceeded and came to it's conclusion I found repetition spring strength better than when I started.  In fact it is too strong in most sections.  How is this possible?

  Thanks,

  Steven Hopp
  Midland, TX