[pianotech] Action inertia FW versus SW

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Thu Mar 18 12:20:31 MDT 2010

The language of touch (and tone for that matter) is always challenging to be sure.  We have talked at length on may occasions trying to sort out what exactly he is sensing.  He has a hard time articulating it and so I’m throwing out theories combined with observations and comparing his responses to other pianos to try and find exactly what it is.  In the process I’m trying to take the most cautious, economical and reversible approach in case we end up going down a dead end.   I think we’re getting closer to identifying the issue.  We’ll see.  But you’re right that communication both before and after the fact is important and difficult.  Extrapolating the feel of an action from a discussion or description is a never ending challenge and differs with each customer.

David Love

www.davidlovepianos.com